Thursday, September 24, 2009

My fairy tale

It’s been seven years, but I can still remember the day my mother came home from work telling everyone we would spend our following vacation in Curitiba. Definitely, that was a perfect place for breaking the tradition of spending all vacation either with my mother’s family in Natal or with my father’s family in Filadelfia. Regardless of being only eight years old, I was so excited about going to a different place that I started searching on the internet all the sights we could visit. When I discovered “Beto Carrero World” was near Curitiba, I immediately tried to persuade my mother to go there and, after several attempts, I finally got it.

Even spending the whole month before the trip planning how it would be, we couldn’t finish the itinerary on time. My mother, an unadventurous person, was really worried about how we would get to the places. Fortunately, Curitiba had excellent means of transportation, with efficient buses that connected all the sights of the city. For a child, the best part of the trip couldn’t have been different: spending a whole day in “Beto Carrero World”. I remember being there was like living a fairy tale. All those rides waiting for me, the circus and the ice-cream parlor made me be indecisive of where to go. I was so delighted with everything that I even didn’t fight with my sister. Except for “Beto Carrero World”, I can rarely remember the other places we went to. All I kept in my mind were the names of some of them: “Jardim Botânico de Curitiba”, “Ópera de Arame”, “Relógio das Flores”.

Although Murphy’s Law claims anything that can possibly go wrong, does; the trip couldn’t have been more perfect. It is curious how the not planning things seems to go better than the planned ones. Traveling to Curitiba was a milestone in the history of our trips. Since that, we have been experimenting visiting different places. Until now, we have gone to Amazonas,Rio de Janeiro, Salvador, Pantanal and even Argentina and Chile. Despite that, I will never forget the great time I had on that trip to Curitiba. The only aspect I regret about it was being so young at that time and not being tall enough to go in all Beto Carrero’s rides. That’s the biggest reason why I want to go back there.



Beto Carrero World

Bárbara Fernandes Maranhão
4B

No comments:

Post a Comment