Monday, October 5, 2009

Coming in first

Joining a contest is an exciting sensation. But crucially, winning one is even better. In this sense, when I decide to enter a competition, I do my best and try to get the first place. It is not always possible, but it happens sometimes.

Nine years ago, when I was seven years old, I won a drawing competition. The contest occurred at TRF, where my mother works, and it was organized by the health committee. Moreover, the participants had one month to make a drawing about the oral health, including words or not. The three best drawings would receive a very good prize, at least in children’s point of view.

My mother had just known about the competition when she called me and my sister to give us the suggestion of entering the contest. I didn’t get very excited because I thought that I had no chances. However, my sister helped me to have some ideas and I decided to participate. I made an original picture and some weeks later they announced that I had gotten the first place. Furthermore, there was a little ceremony to give the prizes to the winners. I won an enormous box of legos, which I loved.

Obviously, I was very glad with my new toy. Nevertheless, what I liked the most was the sensation of being the first for the first time. I got so proud of myself. Finally, I have to mention that I will never forget that day as it was when I learned that, with effort, I can be the best.

1 comment:

  1. hello!
    I am Uroš and I come from Slovenia.
    I read your post and I must say that my experiance is exactly the same as yours. In a similar competition, I reached the 2nd place and that felt very good. I agree with you that with efford we can do a lot. Best regards from Slovenia.

    ReplyDelete