Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Second Composition: Friendship

The first time I saw Carlos Henrique, or Caíque for the friends, was about three or four years ago. We used to play basketball together at our old school, “Santo Antônio”, but we didn’t have a long talk due to the fact of being two years younger than he. Fortunately, we have changed to the same school, Galois, him in the first year of High School and me in the seventh grade. In fact, we only became friends in the beginning of this year, at SINUS, a kind of United Nations Simulation organized by UnB students, when we started to talk about politics, international issues, law and ideologies. Currently, the topics we are used to talking are about University courses, because he is in the third year of high school, the Honduras issue and Supreme Court decisions.

Despite the two years old of difference between us, we have a lot of mutual interests, probably because we are compatible, we both like UN Simulations, law, basketball and, mainly, we like a lot to discuss, to controvert other people’s ideas. Nonetheless, we disagree with each other in some topics; I am against social projects, it hides social problems, but he participates in Galois’ projects. Furthermore, I am against abortion, Brazil is officially a non-religion country, we must not follow Christianity ideas, but he says it is against the Constitution principles; however, it is not written in the Constitution.

Caíque has been more than a friend for me, he has helped me in some troubles and undecisive moments I had. Usually, he has very good ideas and he thinks very fast and we have also made an ideology based on our point of view about some world problem. Basicaly, it is very simple compared to the magnitude of the problems, but it is very pleasurable to discuss. Together, we realized that the UnB International Relations course, even though being the best in Brazil, is not complete or enough to prepare us to this area, so he decided to study Law at UnB.

Nowadays I have made a lot of decisions based on our conversations and our debates and I have decided, for example, that I’m going to study Law too. Maybe we will lose contact, unfortunately, because he is going to University and I won’t see him at the breaks in School. However, I would like to find other people to discuss, to debate, so I won’t lose the pleasure of contrasting ideas.

Guilherme Silva Chacon
4B

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Guilherme,
    I enjoyed reading your post about friendship here. I feel that if you really get along with somebody, it doesn't matter if you loose touch with them for awhile later in life - whenever you meet this person again, it's like you've been in contact all the time.
    That's how I feel about my high school and university friends. I get to see them or hear them once a year or not for years - and when I do that feeling is the same as in my high school and university times. :-)
    Thanks a lot for dropping your kind comment to my class blog. Before searching for photos of Slovenia, my class had a look at the video you guys made - it us of the fact that the Amazon is in your country, that Brazil is really huge (it only takes us 3-4 hours to cross the widest part of Slovenia by car!)and its population very diverse. What my students also pointed out is the fact, that many cars in your country run on ethanol - something not to be found anywhere near us. Way to go!
    I think it's really nice to share our views and discover the beauties of our world this way, isn't it? Thanks for inspiring us.
    Warm regards from Slovenia,
    Saša

    ReplyDelete