Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Memorable Friend

The human being has a natural necessity to keep social bonds with people around them. The best example of a relationship between two people is a friendship. It is often thought that no one could ever live without having a friend, because, in this capitalist world, to trust someone is something that has to be well thought. When I was ten years old, I had a terrible fight with one of my best friends at that time; therefore, I started to meet other people and try to make new friendships. However, during this time, I met Fernanda, who was unlike everyone I had ever been friend before. That aroused my interest about her and we started to spend more time together. Since then, our friendship has just grown fonder and now we are best friends.

In the beginning, I thought my friendship with Fernanda wasn’t going to last a long time, because we had very different interests and our lifestyle didn’t match. She liked to wear flamboyant clothes, while I preferred the more common ones. Furthermore, we liked different kinds of music: while I enjoyed Rouge, Kelly Clarkson, Capital Inicial; she liked Beethoven, Mozart and classical music in general. However, as time passed by, we realized that we also had many mutual interests: we liked pink, going shopping, eating chocolate, reading books.

In spite of having had other memorable friendships, this one has been the most special I have ever had. I used to tell many secrets to my previous friends, but this was the first time I heard somebody’s secrets too. Fernanda and I also had many adventures together like when we tried to make our own lunch by cooking rice, beans and frying steaks. We just did a big mess in the kitchen, but it was very funny. Moreover, we love gossiping about other people, how their personalities are, the way they talk, their clothes. However, the biggest reason why this friendship is so special is because we are very sincere to each other. This sincerity sometimes hurts one of us and makes us fight, but, when we get over the crisis, our friendship has become stronger than before.

Every experience people have in life teaches them important lessons. Being friends with Fernanda made me realize that it doesn’t matter the other people’s opinion about you, you must always be yourself. Moreover, our different lifestyles made us be more mature and changed the way we saw the world. Nowadays we are so close to each other that we think we will never separate from one another. We have already made plans to travel the whole world together and maybe buy an apartment to live without our parents when we turn eighteen. However, the future is always a mystery, all I know is that Amir Klink couldn’t be more right when he said that the ones who have a friend, even if just one, it doesn’t matter where they are, will never be alone.
Bárbara Fernandes Maranhão
4B

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    it was interesting to read your thoughts on friendship - you know, people say 'opposites attract', so perhaps the fact that you and your friend are so different could well be a reason why you get along so well ;-). And another thing - I agree with you that if you can't be sincere or true to yourself then friendship is not real.
    Warm regards from Slovenia,
    Saša

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Barbara. Your article is very good and about a very interesting topic. Why haven´t you illustrated your post with a picture of yours?
    Nelba from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your post. I do agree with Barbara, the fact of bieng different keeps a balance in your friendship. Anyway, the most important factor is being a good person.

    Marina from Buenos Aires, Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I´m Noelia from Buenos Aires, Agentina
    I just wanted to say that It was an interesting story. I really liked it. And It´s true that a human being has a natural necessity to keep social bonds with people around them.
    I think that friendship is the most important relatioship that a human could have.

    Kisses

    NOELIA

    ReplyDelete